Enrollment & Transfer

Enrollment & Transfer

We assist families when a student is having difficulty enrolling in the school district or the student's domicile is questioned by the school. Although there are some exceptions, generally, only students who are domiciled in a particular school district have a legal right to enrollment. Homeless students and students living with non-parent family members sometimes need help asserting their right to attend school in the district.

Some districts offer an opportunity to transfer schools based on criteria described in state statute and school district policy. We find a greater likelihood of success for our clients when we assist with preparing transfer requests; however, we also assist clients who are appealing transfer denials.


The Mckinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act

Connect With Us:

Gahagan Paradis